Question: How do you maintain your social media when you are always on the go?
It is no secret that maintaining any social network requires a lot of time and effort. Social media is now an important aspect of business, and it is important to incorporate it into your business strategies. Here are a few tips we use here at Advantage Realtor Group.
1. Get everyone involved. If you cannot do it alone, get someone else to help you. Here at our office, everyone is involved. We usually ask each person to come up with at least one post. By getting everyone involved, we have realized that we are able to provide more information to our clients than if it came from one person.
2. Automate updates. There are several ways to do this, but we use Hootsuite. With Hootsuite we can schedule posts to Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook, so we do not have to go to each account to post the update. We usually compile the lists of posts from everyone and schedule them for various times throughout the week.
3. Write what you know. Content is very important to maintain an online presence, but it is not always easy to come up with a topic, especially for a blog. Therefore, we recently decided to write our blogs based on questions that we were asked. This way we do not have to spend hours researching a topic, instead, writing the blog becomes more natural.
4. Set time aside. If you do not have hours to spend on any platform, try to get everything done in one sitting. Set time aside to visit the site and interact with your audience, even if it’s just to say “I hope you are all having a wonderful day!” Take time out to say “Happy Birthday”, read, like, or comment on a post. By simply ‘liking’ a post, you have just reminded that person of your page.
5. It’s not all about business. When we first created our business page it was, or course, all about business. However, we have realized that when we post about business we receive fewer, if any, interactions than when we post about other things. For a while we had photo contests to get our fans involved, then we began posting photos of company outings and gifts we received. Also, instead of posting a message in text, we incorporated the same message in a graphic. It may be easier to write a text, but viewers respond more to images and videos.
6. Don’t stretch yourself too thin. At Advantage Realtor Group, we always try to stay up to date with technology, however, the majority of the tools available are not suitable for what we want to accomplish. Therefore, even though it may be popular with someone else, doesn’t mean it will work for you. So if you don’t have enough time to focus on one platform, do not try to add more to your plate. Pick the one that you think best fit your needs and focus your energy on it.
Maintaining social media does not have to be hard, we just have to be smart about it. If there are any other tips that work for you, please share them with us.