It’s summer, and one of our top repairs requests is getting the air conditioner fixed. Most of the problems have to be repaired by a professional, however, here are few do-it-yourself tips that can help you save some money.
Problem: The AC won’t turn on
- Check the circuit breaker. Sometimes the breaker flips, so make sure it is turned ON.
- Check the thermostat: Make sure the thermostat is set to “cool” and the temperature is set below the current temperature in your home. Remember, there is a 20° differential between the temperature outside and inside your home.
- Check the batteries. If the batteries on your thermostat haven’t been changed in a while, it may be time for some new batteries.
Problem: The AC won’t cool
- Check the filter. Make sure the filters aren’t dirty as it will prevent the air from circulating throughout your home.
- Keep curtains and blinds closed. By keeping your curtains and blinds closed, you will be able to keep the heat out while preserving the cooler temperatures inside.
These are just a few simple tips that can help solve your air conditioning problems. If not, please contact a professional.